Thank you letter for successful job reference from former boss

Description

Thank your former boss for their excellent job reference and announce your new job title with this letter template. The letter expresses your appreciation with an invitation to lunch or coffee.

User
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]
[Date]

[Recipient Name]
[Title]
[Company Name]
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]

Dear [Recipient Name]:

Thank you from the newest [job title] at [Company Name]. Your written recommendation and words of encouragement during my job search helped me obtain this new job.
When I asked you to write a recommendation for me several weeks ago, I didn’t know that it would lead to such a wonderful position. My new job responsibilities will allow me to use my degree in [field of study]and the skills that I learned while working as your summer intern.
You are a wonderful mentor and friend. If you have time next week, I would love to meet for coffee and tell you about my first week on the job.
Sincerely,
User

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Thank you letter for successful job reference from former boss