Letter requesting help with job search

Description

Use this resume cover letter template to request assistance from a friend or colleague in distributing your resume to potential employers.

[Your Name]
[Street Address]
[City, ST  ZIP Code]
[Date]March 1, 2014

[Recipient Name]
[Title]
[Company Name]
[Street Address]
[City, ST  ZIP Code]

Dear [Recipient Name]:

It was a pleasure to see you at the [Organization Name] meeting last week. It has been far too long since we’ve talked to each other. I was pleased to hear that things are going well for you and that you are happy in your new job. I can only hope to find a job that I enjoy as much as you enjoy yours.
I truly appreciate your generous offer to assist in my job search. I have enclosed my resume for your review. As you will see, I have several years of experience as a [job title]. While I have enjoyed my work, I am now interested in taking on greater challenges and responsibilities. To that end, I am searching for a position as a [job title].
Please forward my resume to any friends or colleagues who are looking for an employee with my education and experience.
I will call you next week. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any suggestions to aid in my job search, and thanks again for your help.
Sincerely,
[Your Name]
Enclosure

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Letter requesting help with job search