Sample apology letter for sending wrong email

Dear Sir,
The purpose of this letter is to apologize for the error that was made by me to send incorrect reports to the client. I understand that this error must have caused a lot of inconvenience to the company. I know that any reason given for this will not erase the mistake. But I would like to explain what exactly happened. I was on my annual leave and when I came back and I was told to send the report. You must be aware that usually it is sent by a different employee and the person is on sick leave for long time. I could not get in touch with the person. I was not aware that the report was not up to date and I sent it without checking
I was in a hurry to complete the work as I had to give my usual report to the MD. I am extremely sorry for sending the wrong report .I assure you that I will send the correct report immediately and apologize with the client. I assure you that such oversight will not happen in future. I am also planning to send a mail to that team that if someone is on leave the other employees are aware of the reports and updates to be sent.
My sincere apologies once again.
Sincerely,
Your name.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Sample apology letter for sending wrong email