Acceptance letter for guest speaker

An acceptance letter to an invitation to speak or perform on a particular event is a kind of letter designed to express gratitude for selecting you to the occasion. It is a polite way to convey your pleasure to be the speaker of a special occasion or to exhibit your talent and skill to inspire all the attendees.
In writing an acceptance letter to be a speaker or performer, you should reply at the earliest opportunity. This will give you and the host reasonable time to iron the details of the occasion.
When preparing an acceptance letter, you should first express pleasure to be part of their event. Your letter must imply the fact that you are familiar with the theme. Second, it must confirm your attendance. Make sure to indicate the date, time and place of the occasion to make sure that there is no mis-communication.
You can also ask about the audience in order to prepare something appropriate for them. If necessary, you can mention your fee and the materials you will need.
Sample Letter:
Thurston How
123 Park Avenue
Carrollton, TX 00000
222-555-1000
Oscar Rockefellow
321 42nd Avenue
Austin, TX 00001
Dear Oscar,
I am honored to receive your invitation asking me to be a speaker on the 5th Public Relations Students Conference at Delaware University on June 1, 2010 at 1:00 pm. I am pleased to inform you that I am grateful to accept your invitation to inspire the students about the new trend of public relations.
I am at present developing new synergies of public relations. In fact, during the last few months I’ve been in different seminars to uplift my knowledge and techniques regarding the subject matter. This event is a good opportunity to convey my expertise and to share to the students the evolution of public relations.
I am planning to use MS PowerPoint in my presentation and I would appreciate it very much if you could provide me with an overhead projector and projection screen. Since I will be speaking to more than 200 students, it would be more comfortable to speak on a podium.
Thank you for arranging hotel accommodations for me. I look forward to seeing you at the conference.
Sincerely,
Thurston How

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Acceptance letter for guest speaker