Letter requesting assistance with job search

Description

Ask friends and co-workers to help with your job search by enclosing your resume with this letter template and asking that they send it around to others.

User
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]
[Date]

[Recipient Name]
[Title]
[Company Name]
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]

Dear [Recipient Name]:
It was a pleasure to see you at the [Organization Name]meeting last week. It has been far too long since we’ve talked to each other. I was pleased to hear that things are going well for you and that you are happy in your new job. I can only hope to find a job that I enjoy as much as you enjoy yours.
I truly appreciate your generous offer to assist in my job search. I have enclosed my resume for your review. As you will see, I have several years of experience as a [job title]. While I have enjoyed my work, I am now interested in taking on greater challenges and responsibilities. To that end, I am searching for a position as a [job title].
Please forward my resume to any friends or colleagues who are looking for an employee with my education and experience.
I will call you next week. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any suggestions to aid in my job search, and thanks again for your help.
Sincerely,
User

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Letter requesting assistance with job search