Letter of resignation due to merger

Description

Give official notice to your employer of your resignation due to a company merger using this letter template. The letter provides an employment end date and an offer to assist with the transition of duties to your successor.

User
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]
[Date]

[Recipient Name]
[Title]
[Company Name]
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]

Dear [Recipient Name]:

It is with a heavy heart that I submit my resignation. As one of the first employees at [Company Name], I watched the company grow from a small local firm to a national company that leads the industry in textbook publishing. However, in light of the changes that have taken place as a result of the recent merger, I no longer feel that [Company Name]is the place for me.
My last day at [Company Name]will be [date]. I would be happy to meet with you at your convenience to discuss the transition of my duties to my successor.
I wish the company and all its employees much success in coming years.
Sincerely,
User
[Title]

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Letter of resignation due to merger