Letter of complaint about misrepresented vehicle warranty

Description

This letter template notifies an automobile dealership that the warranty described by the salesperson does not match the warranty documentation provided with the vehicle, and requests that they provide the warranty that was promised or refund the purchase price.

User
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]
[Date]
[Recipient Name]
[Title]
[Company Name]
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]
Dear [Recipient Name]:
On [date], I purchased a brand-new [year] [Vehicle Make and Model] from your dealership. The salesperson, [Salesperson Name], stated that the vehicle came with a bumper-to-bumper, 50,000-mile/5-year warranty that covered everything except tires and oil changes. That was the main incentive for me to buy the vehicle.
When I got home and read the fine print in the owner's manual, I discovered that the warranty was not nearly as comprehensive as [Salesperson Name]represented. The 50,000-mile/5-year coverage is restricted to only the drive train, and the rest of the car is covered for only 12,000 miles/12 months. This is dramatically less protection than I anticipated and I’m very disappointed.
I clearly remember [Salesperson Name]’s comments about the warranty and feel that he misrepresented it to get me to buy the vehicle. Alternatively, he may not know the warranty's limitations, in which case his misrepresentation was accidental. Either way, it’s extremely disappointing to me as a customer and reflects poorly on the reputation of your dealership.
I expect your dealership to resolve this situation in one of two ways:
1.       Provide a full 50,000-mile/5-year, bumper-to-bumper warranty for the vehicle at no additional cost to me.
2.       Buy the car back from me at the price I paid for it so that I may select a vehicle with the comprehensive warranty I want.
I also expect you to discuss this matter with [Salesperson Name]and explain to him the importance of knowing and communicating the details of specific warranties accurately and honestly.
Please call me at [phone number] within seven business days to resolve this matter. If I do not hear from you by then, I’ll report this incident to the appropriate regulatory agencies.
Sincerely,
User

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Letter of complaint about misrepresented vehicle warranty