Job networking letter to former colleague

Description

Send this letter template to colleagues letting them know of your job search. The letter describes the position you are seeking, and requests assistance connecting with contacts who may be hiring.

March 5, 2014
Dear :
It’s been a while since we’ve seen one another. I hope all is well with you, Linda, and your two boys!
You may have heard that I recently married and now have a baby on the way¾and this is why I’m writing. Now that I am a family man myself, I am searching for a position in the restaurant/hospitality business that is more career-oriented, one that offers benefits and security.
As part of my search, I am writing to my colleagues and friends to see whether anyone might be aware of hiring activity, either current or planned. If so, I would be grateful if you could pass my name along¾or let me know whom to contact.
Bryan, after 20 years in the business together, you know my broad-based experience and the skills I offer. I am an industrious worker who takes interest in my work and pride in my performance.
Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Enclosure


Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Job networking letter to former colleague