Resignation Letter of Accountant

Summary: This sample letter of resignation is from an accountant who wants to move on with her career. The letter states the effective date of resignation with the reason for leaving without indulging the details but with sufficient clarifications to convey her personal need for further development. The letter is amiable and courteous.
Jamie McDonell
Head, Commercial Division
Brooks Accounting Firm
1012 Tavern Place
Beckley, WV 25801
RE: Resignation
Dear Sir
I hereby tender my resignation from my post of Assistant Accountant at Brooks Accounting Firm with effect from 13thSeptember 2010.
I have accepted another position elsewhere which offers a higher compensation and opportunities for further development, which I feel will expand my potential. I have learnt a lot from you and my honorable colleagues at Brooks Accounting during my tenure here, and I would like to say thank you for your kind support and guidance in the past.
I will be able to complete all the current tasks on hand and I am prepared to pass over or train my replacement before my last work day. Please do not hesitate to call me should you require my assistance on any project.
Thank you for your kind understanding.
Best Regards
Rebecca Jones

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Resignation Letter of Accountant