Resignation from position of Science teacher

Summary: This sample letter is to inform the Principal the teacher’s decision to resign from the school, stating the reason for leaving clearly with clarifications. A note of gratitude and positive feedback on the past tenure of service is recorded. A clear sense of responsibility is displayed to hand over any responsibilities before leaving.
Mr. Howard Anderson
Principal
Cherry View High School
340 Ocean Drive
London 83612
Dear Sir,
RE: Resignation
I am writing to inform you of my resignation from my position of Science teacher at Cherry View High School with effect from 19th August 2010. My decision is prompted by an offer to do research leading to my PhD at the prestigious Los Angeles State University in the fall.
This is a golden opportunity for me to enhance my self and career development. I request for a quick approval on my release so that I may facilitate the passing over of duties to my replacement as well as preparing for the term commencement.
It has been a pleasure working in Cherry View High these past 3 years. I have enjoyed teaching and developing the bright young minds here with a fantastic group of colleagues and management.
It is with regret to be leaving Cherry View High. I thank you for your great support during my time here.
Thank you for your kind understanding.
With Best Regards
Joanne Hughes

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Resignation from position of Science teacher